Monday, December 29, 2008

Fear Of Blogging

Fear has always kept me from doing things I need to do--even things I want to do. And I've been afraid of this blog. Put my thoughts out there for anyone to see? No way! Keep silent. Stay comfortable.

But I was given a challenge to add some words to the ever-growing cyberspace. And then I heard a quiet voice deep down, telling me over and over again to go ahead. But I don't know when, or what, or how, I reasoned. I don't even know what I'd write about!

I knew the voice was just being unreasonable. And finally, I put my foot down. I will no longer think about blogging until I have a theme! You have to lay it out for me, tell me what to write about, and only then will I give it a place in my life.

I set down my pen, closed my notebook, and walked away, freed from blogging for sure. I read a book. I called a friend. I watched a movie. I focused on other things. But the little voice kept coming back, and this time, with a theme.

So here I am. My first blog post. I hope I'm here for reasons much bigger than myself. I hope I can be real and open no matter what topic comes up. I hope I will listen to the voice I've come to know is the Author of me. I hope you will come and be inspired and challenged and grow with me. Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait!! :) I love when you write. IT makes me laugh, cry and be challenged. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you listened! We all wait excitedly for your written thoughts. You have such a love affair with words that it would be sad to deprive us all and not share it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete